- The Learning Design Group in Continuing Education lists dozens of helpful step-by-step guides and video tutorials covering a wide range of CU Boulder academic technologies applicable to remote and online teaching.
- Academic Technology Resources for Teaching Continuity is a guide from OIT providing instructors and teaching assistants alternative methods and tools to allow them to continue class activities, at a distance, when classroom instruction is disrupted.
- Preparing for Remote Instruction in Eight Simple Steps is a guide developed by OIT staff for moving instruction online. There is also a more detailed four-part video training series available on the OIT website.
- Technology and Engagement in the University Classroom, a chapter by Doug Duncan of Astrophysical and Planetary Sciences from Astronomy Education (IOP Publishing Ltd, 2020), walks instructors through common pitfalls and successes of technology use in the classroom and encourages careful planning of adopted technologies.
- Learn about Perusall, an annotation tool used to help students engage with course readings, in these screenshares from Phoebe Young of History: watch Part 1, Perusall Overview and Part 2, Activating Perusall in Canvas & Uploading Assignments on YouTube.
Flower Darby and James Lang, Small Teaching Online: Applying Learning Science in Online Classes (San Francisco: Wiley, 2019)
Linda Nilson and Ludwika Goodson, Online Teaching at Its Best: Merging Instructional Design with Teaching and Learning Research (San Francisco: Wiley, 2017)