Published: Feb. 2, 2017

Dear CU Engineering students, faculty and staff:

In this moment of national concern regarding immigration, I am writing to reaffirm the commitment of the College of Engineering and Applied Science to building a community of international scholars.

With that in mind, I'd like to invite you to a conversation tomorrow,  Friday, at 4 p.m. in the Gallogly Discovery Learning Center Collaboratory regarding the importance of our community and the recent executive order on immigration issued by the administration.

We here in CU Engineering believe that a strong, diverse and inclusive community is necessary to achieving our mission. Innovation is often sparked when people from diverse backgrounds and experiences come together around a common cause.

This conversation is open to everyone -- students, faculty and staff -- and will primarily be focused on opening a dialogue, answering questions and providing support to those directly affected. Along with me, Diana Salazar, director of International Student and Scholar Services, will also be available to answer your questions.

This is just the first step in a much larger and longer conversation about our engineering community. Please consider my staff and myself a resource as we build a better-engineered future together.

All the best,

Robert D. Braun
Dean, College of Engineering and Applied Science