Published: Aug. 28, 2018 By

Students visit booths in the lobby during the 2017 activities fair.

Booths in the lobby during the 2017 student activities fair.

My favorite time of the year has finally arrived – the start of a new fall semester at CU Boulder. I hope you had an enjoyable, productive summer and that you’re ready to work, study and celebrate together as you take the next steps in your CU Engineering journey. This year we celebrate 125 years of engineering at CU Boulder, and I’m proud to have such a diverse and talented group contributing to our legacy.

One of my top priorities is to continue building upon our strong engineering community with students, faculty and staff. Please join us this week for activities in the Engineering Center:

• 4:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday | CU Engineering Immersion | Discover the different groups and societies that help shape your experience at CU in this event at Herbst Plaza (beneath the Engineering Center).
  • 8 a.m. Wednesday | Donuts with the Dean | Come say hello! My wife, Karen, and I will be in the Engineering Center Lobby with free donuts and coffee (but come early before we run out).

Follow us on our social channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to keep an eye on event announcements and other highlights from CU Engineering.

Please remember: we are united as a community of engineering scholars. Whether you’re a new student, staff or faculty member — or joining us for your final semester on campus — you’re at CU Engineering for a reason and are a vital part of our growing community. You belong here. Thank you for joining us as we continue to grow together in excellence.

In addition to approximately 2,000 new students (1,400 undergrad, 600 graduate), the college also welcomed a large, diverse and talented cohort of new faculty to its ranks last week. True thought leaders, these faculty members have the passion, research prowess and commitment to educational leadership that will guide us to new heights. Please join me in welcoming both our new faculty and students into our community.

This year, I am looking forward to many exciting events, including our second annual engineering state tour (Sept. 10-14), aerospace night at Folsom Field (Sept. 28) and all the other events happening around CU Engineering.