Published: Aug. 31, 2018 By

A map showing the stops on Braun's state tour to the Eastern Plains.

We're hitting the road again!

Last year, my inaugural state tour took my wife Karen and me south and west, covering more than 800 miles from Durango and Alamosa, up through Pueblo and Colorado Springs.

This year, from Sept. 10-14, we're heading to the Eastern Plains, with stops planned in Limon, Lamar, Yuma, Julesburg, Sterling, Fort Morgan, Greeley and Fort Collins. From drone testing to wind energy, eastern Colorado is full of engineering innovation, and I look forward to engaging with industry partners, educators and alumni in this unique part of our beautiful state.

The tour will end in Fort Collins, where Dean David McLean of Colorado State University’s College of Engineering and I will put aside the athletics rivalry of this week’s Rocky Mountain Showdown and discuss collaborative opportunities for our two powerhouse engineering colleges.

If you’re an alum of the college, I hope you will join Karen and myself at Mainline Ale House in Fort Collins on Thursday, Sept. 13, for a special alumni gathering. I’ll be giving a brief update on exciting developments at CU Engineering, and you’ll also have ample time to connect with your fellow alumni. Learn more about the alumni event and RSVP.

Follow our progress on TwitterInstagram and Facebook using #BraunVoyage. And if you have ideas for the tour, send them along to cuengineering@colorado.edu.

Interested in meeting with Bobby and Karen along the tour route? Please email cuengineering@colorado.edu.

Bobby Braun is the dean of CU Engineering.