Published: May 20, 2020

Architecture major Josie Molasky, from Las Vegas, Nevada, would advise other students to stay true to their hearts and try not to compare themselves to others too harshly, based on what she knows now. 

Josie MolaskyI truly believe that the students of ENVD have the potential to do great things and make today's world a better place. I hope to stay connected with my classmates as I have a lot of respect for them both personally and professionally.

What inspired you to come to ENVD?
I have always been interested in the creative arts and loved that I found a school/major that was so perfect for me.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I really appreciated the studio experience and being able to make such close friends in my classes.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Based on what I know now, I would advise other students to stay true to their hearts and try not to compare themselves to others too harshly.

Favorite memory?
One of my favorite memories of ENVD was visiting the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver. The attention to texture and detail really inspired me.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
Graduating from CU Boulder is one of my most gratifying accomplishments. As the first woman in my family to graduate with a degree in architecture, my grandfather continuously expresses how proud he is of my educational endeavors which means a lot to me.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
After graduation, I plan on moving to Los Angeles, California to pursue a career in the design field in order to make a difference in the world through sustainable and environmentally conscious work.