Nayan Dong, an architecture major from Kunming, Yunnan, China, plans to go to Syracuse for graduate school. 

Nayan DongTell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I'm a producer and director of an audio show.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I'm a person that loves both art and science. Architecture is a perfect combination of it. Design can get some immediate feedback on work. There is no right or wrong so directly. There are so many opportunities and possible innovations within ENVD. Besides, everyone in ENVD is so nice. People support and help each other. We are such a great community.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I learned how to teach myself. I learned how to work and communicate with each other.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Enjoy your college time. Study hard, play hard. This is absolutely the most memorable time. We have enough energy, time and courage to take on adventure.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
I loved the time of making models. I feel very calm when I concentrate.

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
I so appreciate that we could study together, I really enjoyed this special time.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
It's new and definitely a very important stage of my life. This is my start of architecture life. If architecture will go through all of my career, I'm really thankful for the knowledge I learned. If I will do something else in the future, these experiences also help me be a better person.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I'm going to Syracuse for graduate school.