Marie (Molly) ObermeierMolly Obermeier, an architecture major and technology, arts and media minor from Denver, will work as a lighting designer and plans to pursue a master's beyond graduation. 

Marie (Molly) ObermeierOne of my favorite memories was when we were cleaning up at the CLC, Jeff told us about his favorite music as we swept and listened to Pink Floyd. I also had a great time in Colombia, after the end of a long day we danced it out with the community we were working with.

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
Student Coordinator for the Emerging Leaders Program, EPOD Vice President, Participant in the Rural Project, Teaching Assistant, CLC Employee, CU SWAP Member

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I was a transfer student into the environmental design program. When I went to visit the ENVD building I walked in and it felt like home without evening knowing anyone there. The creative space and energy really drew me in.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
No one knows what they’re doing but it doesn’t hurt to try. Also, encourage others as much as possible, they’ll do amazing things and they teach you along the way as well!

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Don’t be afraid to say hi!

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
Cheers!

What does graduating from college represent for you?
I did it, and I am looking forward to the future. There are so many open doors!

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I am beginning work as a lighting designer and plan on pursuing my master's.