Casey Sherrerd, a landscape architecture major from Oregon, will be graduating with a minor in geography. She plans to move to Montana to pursue a career in landscape architecture.

Casey SherrerdI miss being surrounded by the most creative, kind, and fun people in class every day. I can't wait to see what brilliant designs you create in the real world!

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I participated on the CU Freeskiing team, on the board of the Backcountry Squatters club, and worked as a TA for various ENVD classes.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I knew I wanted to do something with both sustainability and design, and the ENVD program was a perfect combination of everything I was looking for.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
The best work is work done with compassion for others and for the earth.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Take advantage of being able to think way outside the box and have fun with your designs while you're still in school!

Describe one of your favorite memories.
I'm going to miss spending late nights working in the studio, and having professors bring us pizza at 3am the night before a final.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I plan on moving to Montana and pursuing a career in landscape architecture, and skiing and biking as much as possible!