Sebastian BielskiSebastian Bielski, a sustainable planning and urban design major from Nashville, will be graduating with a minor in business and political science. Bielski will attend the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation at Columbia University. 

Sebastian BielskiLet's grab a coffee if you ever find yourself in NYC.

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I was the president and founder of the Rural Project, VP of Environmental Design Student Government, and a peer advisor. Previously I have been a peer mentor, teaching assistant, and research assistant. I am a first-generation student and DWB scholar. I am also in CU's Norlin Scholars program. I am graduating with Magna honors from the ENVD honors thesis program.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
At the time, I knew I wanted to attend a design program that was unique and I was scared to commit to one discipline. Thus, the interdisciplinary approach and focus on sustainability were pivotal in my undergraduate decision!

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
It is all a process. We are put into certain moments for reasons and should focus on owning those spaces! The experience is rewarding because we learn how to navigate all of these evolving parts of our lives.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Go to office hours! The most meaningful relationships I have made over the past four years are with faculty and staff who have empowered my goals, academics, and interests allowing me grow to where I am now.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
The best day at ENVD easily was when I helped coordinate an event with EDSG to bring puppies into ENVD 134. I called my parents after the event and begged to adopt one of the dogs.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
An invitation to a new chapter of life!

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I will be attending the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation at Columbia University in New York City pursuing a Masters in Urban Planning. I am elated for this next step in my life moving to my favorite city on earth and attending my dream university!