Chris BensonChris Benson, an architecture major from Nederland, Colorado, plans to travel and seek out any opportunities along the way after graduation.

Chris BensonTell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I strive to be the person in the studio that everyone can count on, and my passion for learning new things spans outside of ENVD, into my life as a climbing coach.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I had always been interested in Architecture, so I took the intro studio my first year as an Art History major and fell in love with the program and the people of ENVD.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I can teach myself anything, time planning is a life skill, and don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Make so many friends your contact list runs out of space. Find good videos and work smarter not harder.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
I'll always remember one exceptionally late night on the third floor when every class, regardless of studio teacher, was working to finish a project. The cold night air was silent outside, but I felt the building almost burst from the windows. As if our stress had turned into energy that was carried by the light. I remember that was the night I decided this was all worth it.

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
To many: thank you. To some: get your sh*t together. And to very few: I love you.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
College was the next step for me. I'm happy that I worked for the opportunity to share it with all of my friends, and I'm excited to leave and head towards new things.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I'm going to travel to all the countries and places that I've dreamed of going to, looking for any opportunities along the way.