Kelsey HernandezKelsey Hernandez, a landscape architecture major with a business minor, plans to work for a firm, spend more time with family and continue to grow after graduation.

Kelsey HernandezIt was fun and great to get to know you. I met so many when I worked in person at the DMC/PrintLab. It was literally my home and it was great helping and conversing with all of you. My most favorite time would have to be when I had my pup over and seeing you guys give him love too.

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
Designers Without Boundaries

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I wanted a place where I could be hands-on and creative. I discovered ENVD when I came to tour for another program at CU and realized that everything they said, all the projects on display, that this was what I wanted to do.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I learned that there are people that are willing to help you if you ask. I also have knowledge that I can always share too.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Know when to have fun, be responsible, and ask for help when you need it.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
Studying with one of my friends for our exam. It was fun making rhymes and hints to help us memorize definitions and phrases.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
I'm the first in my family to graduate. It's very much a big deal, but I also wanted to have this as a beginning to another chapter. The official next step for me.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I plan to continue to work for a firm and spend more time with my family and continue to grow.