Michael Quirk Michael Quirk, an architecture major from Minnesota, will graduate with a minor in biology and plans to raft the Grand Canyon this summer, before working in the green building industry.

Michael Quirk You all inspire me to be creative and do awesome things!

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I ran the CU Farm Club for the last 2 years and was a trip leader with the Alpine Club

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I went on a tour of the building and loved seeing the scale models that students had built

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I think that working at the environmental center taught me that solving the climate crisis can't be done without addressing social and environmental justice issues.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Take lots of electives outside of your major! And join the Alpine Club...

Describe one of your favorite memories.
I remember staying up all night freshman year making a model out of chipboard and basswood, and being around classmates at 2 am was pretty awesome.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
I think it represents a transition to a new chapter of life with more responsibility and also more freedom to dive into what I am passionate about.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I plan to work in the green building industry after college, after rafting the grand canyon in June.