Published: May 4, 2022

Gabi Butvilofsky, a product design major, is excited to explore her passions further and grow into her new life as a maker outside of school.

Gabi ButvilofskyYou've made this experience what it is. I wouldn't have come through as the person I am today without all of you!

Where are you from?
Denver, CO

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
Served on the EPOD Club Board; Awarded with the Environmental Design Faculty Esteemed Graduate Award for Product Design

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I literally wandered into the ENVD building for a sociology class my freshman year as an undeclared major. Seeing all of the amazing student work, and knowing I could apply my creativity to academics, I knew immediately that ENVD was going to be my choice.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
Honestly, just that when it feels like the end of the world, and everything is so stressful and overwhelming, there is the next chapter. Life goes on.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
My favorite memories involve coming back from being remote and working late at the CINC, being surrounded by my peers, semi-delirious, but sharing the energy and passion for the work with everyone.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
I've looked forward to graduating college since before I even began. I cannot wait to explore my passions further and grow into my life as a maker outside of school.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
After graduation, I am moving to Denver with my pup, Liza!