Liana BradleyWhere are you from?
Durham, North Carolina 

What inspired your decision to come to Environmental Design at CU Boulder?
I was originally an environmental studies major in 2020. After my first semester I found myself bored with the subject. I found the most joy in my 3D art class and I was constantly making art in my dorm. Coming into college I suspected I would change majors and after my first semester I discovered ENVD. I could design and fabricate as a major instead of on the side in my dorm.

Did you know right away that you wanted to major in product design? How/when did you know?
After my initial intro studios I knew that I wanted to specialize in product design. I was immediately drawn to the human interaction between people and their cherished possessions. I love seeing the relationship of people to products and what makes them loved or hated. I felt that this deeply personal connection to design was the strongest in EPOD and that’s why I picked it.

What has the program taught you about yourself as you’ve taken on your educational career?
ENVD has taught me that finding a major that I am passionate about was more important than sticking with the one I was in because it was easier to stay than transfer. ENVD has made me understand my values as a person and discover how I can use my skills to contribute to a better world.

What would you like to do upon graduating from Environmental Design?
I am unsure of what I would like to do after I graduate. I think that ENVD has given me great opportunities to look at a wide range of options for opportunities I can take after graduation.

What tips or advice would you give to future design students?
I would say that you should use the full extent of the ENVD resources from the get go. Places like the DMC photo booth, and the CINC are really cool and exciting resources that are great to practice hands-on work. I wish I had practiced taking photos for a portfolio or getting familiar with the DMC resources sooner.