Published: Jan. 17, 2024

“You begin with the possibilities of the material.”

― Robert Rauschenberg

We’ve rounded the corner to another new year and should be reminded that time is possibility and that the cyclicality of beginning and ending is deeply attached to perception and cultural norms. All of these tools give us space to build our own approach to that which is new, taking into account what has passed, what might come, and what our observations, perceptions, and expectations tell us. So how do we harness the idea of transition as a framework? Start by asking yourself: What has changed? How do I want to grow? If money, location and training were no object, what would I do? And why? What do I want to leave behind? What stories do I need to let go of to move forward? What do my current conditions support? What do I need to bring with me (i.e., experience, strengths, wisdom) to create my future? What's one change I could make that would give me more calm? How does this change align with my values? When I successfully navigate this change, how will my life be different? What would my future self say to encourage me? Who can support me? Who are my allies?

As you reflect on these questions, embrace your resilience, curiosity, and creativity. They have prepared you to own your growth. Take some time to explore the tools below to fortify your transition strategy and practice greater intentionality during periods of change. 

UFYB | UFYB 22: INSIGHT VS. TRANSFORMATION

I Have ADHD | Creating a (Doable) Vision for 2024

I Have ADHD | The ADHDers Guide to Being Proactive (Even With a Reactive Brain)

I Have ADHD | How to Build Self-Trust Even with ADHD

Victoria Albina | Ep #200: How To Trust And Reclaim Your Intuition

Pinnacle 7 | 8 Questions to Help You Move Forward in any Transition

Your Time to Grow | 10 Powerful Questions to Ask Yourself When Facing Change 

Be Well Life Coaching | In the Midst of a Transition? 5 Questions That Will Help 

In sharing my enthusiasm for the immense potential transitions carry, I must also acknowledge my own bittersweet departure from ENVD. My time here has been incredibly rewarding, especially in collaborating with such talented design students and working alongside a team that's nothing short of inspiring. As I have grown alongside you, I have been inspired to choose a path of possibility that now leads beyond ENVD. I thank you all for giving me this gift and am encouraged for the path(s) that lie ahead. Since this is my last chance to address you all from OYS, I encourage you to continue to own your work, your intentions, and your futures. Each of you holds the strength and creativity to surmount any challenge. Trust yourselves as you forge ahead and take heart in the wake of the uncharted. You have everything you need.