Congratulations to the following ICS program students!
Student apply for awards three times a year, fall, spring, and summer semesters. Learn more about the Student Travel & Research Awards here.
- Janghee Cho (INFO):
- Travel Award $500 to present his work on how reflection may be instantiated in commercial PI apps at the ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- Research Award $500 to fund various research expenses on his dissertation research which examines how digital technology may support remote workers' holistic wellness in the
- Michael Hoefer (CS):
- Travel Award $500 to attend and present a paper and a poster at the ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2022)
- Andrew Mertens (PSYC):
- Travel Award $700 (International Conference) to present his poster on parent-child interactions during play at the Creativity and Cognition conference in Venice.
- Michael Schneider (CS):
- Travel Award $500 to attend and present a poster at SIGCSE 2022 to discuss his project called Circuit Check, to scaffold the debugging process for students
- Research Award $500 to fund various expenses related to his dissertation research focusing on examining classroom interactions to design tools to support students in debugging e-textilescontext of work from home
- Abhijit Suresh (CS):
- Travel Award $700 (International conference) to present his work on ways to automate feedback to math teachers on their instruction discourse at the 13th Edition of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference in Marseille, France