Published: Aug. 15, 2023 By
Hannah cardozo

With the academic year quickly approaching, Colorado Law is looking forward to welcoming the incoming class of new students. Over the next few weeks, we will be highlighting some of our incredible 1Ls through a series of brief profiles! First up, we have Hannah Cardozo (she/her).

Raised in Tampa, FL, Hannah graduated from the University of North Florida in 2021. While there, she was a member of the Women’s Soccer Team, and earned degrees in Psychology and Criminal Justice.  

Meet the Class of 2026’s Hannah Cardozo! 

How have you been spending your time since you graduated in 2021? 

HC: After graduating, I stayed in Jacksonville until moving to Colorado in June. In Jax, I worked as a medical malpractice paralegal at a personal injury firm. I also went on volunteer trips to Nicaragua and Hawaii that were very encouraging and confirmed I was on the right path.   

Outside of work and school, what are some of your hobbies? 

HC: I really enjoy going to the gym and being active. Since moving, I have tried to get out and hike as often as possible! When I am home, I spend time reading and hanging out with my two cats.  Other hobbies of mine include traveling as much as possible and going to concerts. Hopefully, come winter, I will be adding snowboarding to this list, but I’ll definitely be needing some lessons.  

What inspired you to attend Colorado Law? 

HC: As far as my inspiration goes, I have always known that I wanted to help people. I realized after graduating that going to law school would provide me with the best means to help as many people as possible. I am currently torn between environmental law or civil rights law, but I know both would give me the opportunity to positively impact a lot of people.  

What are you most looking forward to this upcoming academic year? 

This year I am most looking forward to getting back into the academic environment! I have missed school so much and am incredibly excited to start this journey. I’m also excited to meet my classmates and professors. You hear a lot about the wonderful connections that people make in law school, so I am definitely looking forward to meeting some amazing people and mentors.