Published: Oct. 11, 2023 By
ursula davy

Colorado Law’s student body comes from a variety of backgrounds, bringing their own professional and lived experience to the university’s diverse, collaborative community. This fall, we are excited to spotlight some of our students through a series of Q&As.  

For our next spotlight, we sit down with 2L Ursula Davy to learn more about her time here at Colorado Law so far.  

Meet the class of 2025’s Ursula Davy! 

Why did you choose to pursue a J.D.? 

UD: I was always really interested in law especially as a kid, so after graduating from college and taking a few years to work I finally decided it was time. I’ve always been passionate about helping marginalized communities and my mom has been my biggest inspiration and motivator to advocate for the communities that raised me. 

What has been your favorite part of law school so far?  

UD: Leading two affinity groups has been the most challenging and fulfilling part of law school for me. I was really involved as a 1L, so it means a lot to me to be able to continue that as a member of exec.  

What is your proudest accomplishment? 

UD: Before starting law school, I helped my mom prep for her citizenship test, and I got to be her interpreter for the interview so to share in her success meant everything to me. 

What was your profession prior to coming to Colorado Law?  

UD: I worked in advertising and marketing and then I transitioned to working in a dermatology office that specialized in cosmetic work and skin cancer surgeries. Wear sunscreen people! 

What do you hope to do with your degree once you graduate?  

UD: I ultimately want to be able to give back and continue to provide support to women of color. I particularly want to continue my involvement and advocacy for victims of domestic violence.  

What are some opportunities you have taken advantage of here at Colorado Law?   

UD: I’m biased, but I think we have an incredible CDO here, and they’ve really helped me secure summer employment. Being a KWIP intern last year was a highlight as well!  

What are some of your hobbies outside of work/school?  

UD: Like a true Colorado transplant, I’ve really enjoyed picking up hiking and snowboarding. I love to de-stress by reading, cooking or watching movies.