Published: March 17, 2023

a photo of Susan Anduaga, PCDP alumniSusan (she/her) graduated from CU Boulder in 2009 with a bachelor's degree in Molecular, Cellular and Developmenetal Biology, as well as a minor in Chemistry.

What graduate degrees have you received?

Doctor of Medicine.

What is your current job or profession?

Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Physician.

What is a fun fact about you?

The ocean is my happy place and I would like to travel the world!

What was your favorite PCDP memory?

I have many PCDP memories from meeting friends who I am now happy to call best friends, learning from mentors, hanging out with everyone during the 5-week program (laughing, dancing) and having the chance to stay on campus for the first time.

How did PCDP prepare you for college and professional life?

I will always be forever grateful to PCDP for the encouragement and guidance it provided me when I was trying to pursue my childhood dream of becoming a physician. As a first generation student in the United States, I feel incredibly lucky to have found a community that truly took me under their wings and gave me the opportunity to learn, and explore about my intended career path. I learned about the value of teamwork, identifying priorities, time management skills and even how to channel my freedom. The amount of preparation received prior to starting college throughout my high school years as well as the 5-week summer program were indeed key to my later success. Thank you!

Have you maintained connections with other PCDP alumni?

Yes, many of them!