Published: March 30, 2022

Name: Tasso von Windheim
Title: Venture Fellow
Years at Venture Partners: <1

Q: Tell us a little about yourself! (Education, Where You’re From & How You to Got to CO, Interests, Hobbies, whatever!)

A: I was born in Guelph, Ontario and grew up in Raleigh, North Carolina. I studied material science engineering at NC State University where I co-founded Undercover Colors, a startup focused on developing technology to reduce the rate of drug-facilitated sexual assault. After my work with Undercover Colors, I joined Duke University and completed a PhD in electrical engineering. I came to Colorado looking for an opportunity to combine my technical skills with my experience and passion for technology commercialization, and have felt right at home working for Venture Partners.

Q: What is your role at Venture Partners? Tell us more about what you do.Tasso

A: I am a Venture Fellow, which means I work across the Venture Partners team helping with licensing and new venture development. I assist with licensing and marketing of CU Boulder technologies and work with new startups to help position themselves for seed investment.

Q: What is your favorite part about your job and what do you like most about working on the Venture Partners team?

A: My two favorite things about working for Venture Partners are the people and the technologies. It’s exciting to be working in an environment with so many people with complementary skill-sets, and seeing how that talent is used to commercialize impactful technologies.

Q: When you aren’t at work, where will we find you?

A: Hiking in the mountains with my dog Gryphon.

Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

A: Being bad at something is the first step to being good at it.

Contact Kayle

Have questions about Venture Partners? Email Tasso at  Tasso.vonWindheim@colorado.edu.