With multiple devastating acts of violence occurring across the country this may be a challenging time for many in our campus community. We have put together resources and information for supporting colleagues, teams and each other after incidences of mass violence, large disasters or other traumatic events. Please take care of yourself, connect with community and reach out for support.
Welcome to the Office of Victim Assistance (OVA)
Traumatic events happen every day in all communities and CU's community is not exempt. Impact can vary and OVA strives to mitigate the impact of traumatic experiences by decreasing barriers and empowering victims/survivors in making informed decisions by providing free and confidential trauma informed services.
OVA provides free and confidential information, consultation, support, advocacy and short term counseling services to University of Colorado Boulder students, graduate students, faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life disruptive event. OVA is not the office that investigates or adjudicates cases.
- If you have questions about OVA services, please call 303-492-8855 or email email@example.com.
- If you would like to meet with a confidential OVA Advocate Counselor:
- PLEASE CALL 303-492-8855 to schedule a telehealth appointment OR
- Dropping into our office without an appointment is available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays between 11am and BY 4pm in C4C Room N450
- These in-person drop in hours may be limited the week of August 15-19 as we welcome our new & returning Buffs and partake in move in and other events that week
- We have both virtual/telehealth and in-person services^.
- ^Note: masks are currently optional for in-person service. If feeling sick please stay home and call so we can reschedule and/or convert appointment to telehealth for those in Colorado.
- If it is after-hours, nights and weekend and campus holidays, 24/7 support information available here.
- For more details on confidentiality please visit the About OVA's page, confidentiality section